Our uniforms are an important part of Wonderful College Prep Academy life. Students must be in uniform before they leave for school in the morning and remain in uniform until they return home. And on Fridays, we encourage kids to wear their favorite college t-shirts and sweatshirts. You can purchase uniforms here.
Students will not be sent home for noncompliance with the dress code. However, any student who violates the dress code will be provided with proper clothing for the day – and parents will be notified. Repeated dress code violations may result in disciplinary action. Students requesting an exemption from any provision of this dress code for religious or other reasons should contact the school office.
- Clothing must be clean and in good repair and cannot be tattered or torn.
- Clothing must be the proper size and fit, allowing for ease of movement while continuing covering all appropriate areas. Clothing should not be too large, or too small.
- Clothing must be sufficient to conceal undergarments at all times. Clothing that becomes revealing when sitting or moving is not appropriate for school.
- See-through or fish-net fabrics, halter tops, low necklines, sheer garments, off-the-shoulder or low-cut tops, and skirts or shorts shorter than mid-thigh are prohibited.
- Changing clothes at school is not permitted unless for a sports/PE related activities.
- Clothing may not be worn over the uniform except as set forth below.
- No professional sports apparel allowed at any time.
- Any personal items such as backpacks, fanny packs, gym bags, water bottles, etc., which contain writing, pictures, or any other insignia which are crude, profane or sexually suggestive; bare drug, alcohol or tobacco company advertising promotions and likeness; are gang related, degrade race, gender, sexual orientation or which advocate racial, ethnic, or religious prejudice will not be permitted on campus.
- No grade of a student participating in a physical education class shall be adversely affected due to the fact that a student does not wear standardized physical education apparel when the failure to wear such clothing items arises from circumstances beyond the student’s control. (EC 49066-c)
- Administration reserves the right to ban any apparel that can be interpreted as gang related if those items become a problem.
- Exceptions to the dress code may be made for special days or special events with administrative approval being secured (in writing) prior to the activity.
- Students’ hair must be clean, neatly groomed, and non-disruptive (no elaborate haircuts/hairstyles or unnatural colors).
- Administration will have final decisions on all matters of dress.